Lung Cancer Europe is the voice of lung cancer patients, their families and survivors at a European level. LuCE provides a European platform for already existing lung cancer patient advocacy groups and supports the establishment of national lung cancer patient groups in different European countries where such groups do not yet exist.
LuCE aims to raise awareness about inequities regarding the access to lung cancer treatment and care in Europe. Moreover, it advocates European policies that will lead to improvements in lung cancer prevention, early detection, treatment and care. LuCE also supports national lung cancer patient groups in helping raise awareness for lung cancer among the European public.
- Reduce the mortality of lung cancer.
- Promote the best possible treatment of the different types of lung cancer.
- Equal access to lung cancer care throughout Europe.
- Raise public awareness for lung cancer about symptoms, early detection and treatment
- Reduce the stigma associated with lung cancer and more compassion for lung cancer patients and their loved ones
- Increase European funding allocated to lung cancer research.
We are members of:
- European Patients’ Forum (EPF)
- European Cancer Organisation (ECCO)
- Workgroup of European Cancer Patient Advocacy Networks (WECAN)